[EURO-Discuss] IMPORTANT: EURALO’s member consultation on ICANN Board candidates (Seat 15) OPENED

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Mar 10 00:54:55 UTC 2014

Dear all,

as repeatedly announced before, EURALO’s member consultation and (first) voting on the ICANN Board candidates (Seat 15) will start *today*, Monday 10 March and will last one week until Sunday, 16 March midnight.

All candidates had a chance to present themselves on this list during the last week (incl. a candidates presentation call last Friday night), therefore you should be aware about their profiles and particularities. The candidates are (in alphabetic order):

* Rinaliah Abdul Rahim,
* Sébastien Bachollet,
* Alan Greenberg,
* Evan Leibovitch and
* Jean-Jacques Subrenat.
For further infos on the candidates please see:
https://community.icann.org/display/ABMS/2014+At-Large+Board+Director+Candidates+-+Questions+and+Answers+Workspace

The *voting procedure* for this consultation is rather simple:
All active member ALSes can cast a *vote on their preferred candidate*

a) either by posting their preferred name – openly - on this list or
b) choose a more confidential way by sending the name directly to me with Cc to Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber at icann.org>
(ensuring a four-eyes principle and voting supervision by Staff). Gisella and I will collect and list incoming votes (those from the list or directly) by checking over the week who has voted and who has not ... demanding reminders. PLEASE help and support us to make this consultation a SUCCESS again, as we did last time in autumn 2010!

Let me suggest that the quorum for this voting will be *30 members total* (what is minus the usual 4 dead ducks who didn’t participate in anything the last years and shouldn't be considered by distorting the quorum of usually responding members). To reach a substantial quorum: 70 to 80% is good - 50 to 60% is acceptable - below 50% is poor. Just for the records: in autumn 2010 we reached a quorum of 80% -- what was great.

We need to be aware that there won't be a foreseeable "winner" in the first round (among the five). Last time, we needed a 2nd run-off vote on the two candidates who gained most of the votes in the 1st round while not reaching a clear majority. A 2nd round won’t be needed, if there is a clear majority at EURALO on one of the remaining candidates.

Please help your chair to cast a *directed vote from his community* for the ALAC voting.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks and

kind regards,
Wolf

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/