[EURO-Discuss] WG: WG: [IRPCoalition] Invitation to Join The Day We Fight Back on February 11th

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Jan 28 23:23:02 UTC 2014

Dear Rena, dear Katitza,

this is just to inform you that EURALO (ICANN’s European At-Large Organization) discussed and decided tonight to support your important initiative and action Day We Fight Back Against Mass Surveillance on 11 February.

Unfortunately, we have very limited capacities to organize actions by ourselves – except those members who are already involved in your campaign – but you can add EURALO to your list of supporters.

Thanks for your precious work and actions (EFF, DigitalCourage besides many others) is pushing and

Kind regards,

Wolf Ludwig
on behalf of EURALO

Wolf Ludwig sent Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:04:
> [...]
>>against SOPA and ACTA, we are joining the DayWeFightBack campaign to
>>demand an end to mass surveillance at home and abroad.
>>
>>The SOPA and ACTA protests were successful because we all took part, as
>>a community. As Aaron Swartz put it, everybody "made themselves the hero
>>of their own story." We can set a date, but we need all of you, the
>>users of the Internet, to make it a movement.
>>
>>When: The Day We Fight Back has been set for February 11th.
>>
>>Here's how you can join the effort:
>>
>>1.  Send an email to rights at eff.org confirming your interest in
>>participating in this action and receiving updates. Let us know what you
>>would like to do in your own country so we can send you more information
>>and amplify your voice.
>>
>>2.  Visit TheDayWeFightBack.org.
>>
>>The organizers in the United States of the DayWeFightBack are: Demand
>>Progress, Access, EFF, Internet Taskforce, FFTF, Free Press, Mozilla,
>>Reddit, ThoughtWorks, BoingBoing
>>
>>3. If you are a citizen of the world, sign the 13 Necessary and
>>Proportionate Principles here:
>>https://en.necessaryandproportionate.org/take-action #privacyisaright
>>
>>The organizers of the international action of the DayWeFightBack are
>>named below at the end of this email [2]
>>
>>4. Use social media tools to announce your participation.
>>
>>5. Develop memes, tools, websites, and do whatever else you can to
>>encourage others to participate.
>>
>>6. Be creative -- plan your own action. Go to the streets. Promote the
>>Principles. Then, let us know so we can broadcast your efforts.
>>
>>[2] The current organizers of the international action of the Day We
>>Fight Back are:
>>
>>Amnesty International USA
>>Access (International)
>>Anti-vigilancia (Brasil)
>>Asociación por los Derechos Civiles (Argentina)
>>Asociacion de Internautas - Spain (Spain)
>>CCC (Germany)
>>ContingenteMX (Mexico)
>>CIPPIC (Canada)
>>Digitale Gesellschaft (Germany)
>>Digital Courage (Germany)
>>EFF (International)
>>Electronic Frontiers Australia (Australia)”
>>Hiperderecho (Peru)
>>ICT Consumers Association of Kenya
>>Open Rights Group (UK)
>>OpenMedia.org (Canada/International)
>>OpenNet Korea (South Korea)
>>Panoptykon Foundation (Poland)
>>Privacy International (International)
>>PEN International (International)
>>TEDIC (Paraguay)
>>RedPaTodos (Colombia)
>>ShareDefense (Balkans)
>>
>>We are from the Internet and we are here to help.
>>
>>[1] Learn more:  Eyes Wide Open
>>https://www.privacyinternational.org/projects/eyes-wide-open
>>

>>Katitza Rodriguez
>>EFF International Rights Director - @Txitua
>>

>EuroDIG Secretariat
>http://www.eurodig.org/
>mobile +41 79 204 83 87
>Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>
>EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/
mobile +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig