[EURO-Discuss] CROPP names and submissions by EURALO

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Jan 28 22:58:38 UTC 2014

Dear all,

as discussed during our call tonight (agenda item 5), here are the names of EURALO people I suggested for the CROPP submissions. There is only one European event in the given timeline that fits for submissions which is EuroDIG 2014 in Berlin.

Regarding names and as repeatedly mentioned, I would like to try and include our Armenian friends for such submissions –- being aware that they (Armenia) doesn’t fit into ICANN’s current regional geographic model and they may not be approved by the CROPP Review Team for our region. The reason why I am so stubborn (not only ;-) in this case is simple: Siranush and Narine have always proofed a special commitment to EURALO and participated continuously and over years in our monthly calls etc. And I simply think, they highly deserve being considered in a trial.

As agreed tonight and to enable their participation at EuroDIG 2014 in June in Berlin, EURALO will suggest the following members for CROPP support:
- Siranush Vardanyan and Narine Khachatryan (Armenia)
- Oksana Prykhodko and Wladimir Kukovsky (Ukraine)
- Plamena Popova (Bulgaria)

If the first two names / options will not be approved by the Review Team, we will offer or suggest two more members from Eastern Europe:
- Valentina Pavel (Romania)
- Veronica Cretu (Moldovia)
to be funded via our 5 regional CROPP slots for attending EuroDIG 2014.

Once we agreed on this procedure, the following members will prepare EURALO’s CROPP submissions early February: Yuliya, Oksana, Lutz and Wolf. And we will keep you updated on this at our next monthly call in February latest.

Thanks for any further comments and
kind regards,
Wolf

EuroDIG Secretariat