[EURO-Discuss] WG: [IRPCoalition] Communication of the European Commisson: "Internet Policy and Governance - Europe's role in shaping the future of Internet Governance"

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Feb 12 20:41:53 UTC 2014

Dear all,

let me forward this info on the European Commission's policy position on Internet governance to you. As usual, nice wording and commitments but in the press release they do not even mention EuroDIG as sort of best practice at their front door ... or when claims bump up against reality.

Kind regards,
Wolf

Andrea Glorioso sent Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:08:
>Dear all,
>
>I would like to let you know that today (12 February 2013) the European
>Commission has adopted its formal policy position on Internet governance,
>via a Communication to the European Parliament, the Council, the European
>Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: "Internet
>Policy and Governance - Europe's role in shaping the future of Internet
>governance" (COM(2014) 72/4).
>
>The press release of the adoption is available at
>http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-142_en.htm .
>
>The text of the Communication is available at
>http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/dae/document.cfm?doc_id=4453.
>
>The statement by Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission
>and Commissioner for the Digital Agenda, is available at
>http://ec.europa.eu/avservices/video/player.cfm?ref=I086325 .
>
>I hope you find this information useful and the content of the
>Communication interesting.
>
>Best,
>
>Andrea
>
>--
>I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it
>in mind.
>Twitter: @andreaglorioso
>Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.glorioso
>LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1749288&trk=tab_pro