[EURO-Discuss] Many Webinars on IANA Stewardship Transition? Why? Which ones to attend?

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Dec 3 00:32:04 UTC 2014

(apologies for cross posting)

Dear all,

you will have seen the announcements for various Webinars this week and
next week on the IANA Stewardship Transition. There are many of them.

Here is a short note to make sense of all of these Webinars:

*Webinars of the CWG on Naming Related Functions Public Consultation on
Draft Transition Proposal*:
- 3 December from 7:00 – 8:30 UTC
- 4 December from 12:30 – 14:00 UTC
- 4 December from 16:00 – 17:30 UTC

These Webinars are repeats of each other and are organised and Chaired
by the Community Working Group (CWG) which is presenting a first draft
of the Naming Communities input to the IANA Stewardship Transition
process. This Webinar will be used to explain the contents of the First
Draft of the Proposal. This will really help in understanding the draft
which is currently under Public Comment from 1 to 22 December 2014. I
highly recommend you attend at least one of them. Details on how to join
are given in the message at the bottom of this email.

------

*Capacity Building Program Webinar #1:**
**- Wednesday 3 December 2014 13:00 - 14:00 UTC**
**IANA Functions (standards, Numbering and Naming) - Patrik Fältström*

Are you interested in this topic but do not know where to start? This
Webinar is for you!
Indeed, this Webinar is a great introduction about all of the IANA
Functions, introduced by the Chairman of the ICANN Security and
Stability Advisory Committee. He is an expert! If you are interested in
what is probably one of the key topics for the year and want to learn
about it, then do not miss this Webinar! Tell people in your ALS! Tell
anyone who is interested! Watch, listen, learn and ask questions -
that's what this Webinar is about.
The draft Agenda and call details are on:
https://community.icann.org/x/2zrxAg

*------

Capacity Building Program Webinar #2:**
**- Wednesday 10 December 2014 21:00 - 22:30 UTC**
**IANA Naming Issues by IANA Issues WG*

This Webinar will have the members of the At-Large IANA Naming Issues
working group explain the proposed ALAC response to the Public Comment
period that has opened on 1 December and will close on 22 December 2014.
This is your chance ask any questions about the proposed response and to
comment on it too! However, we highly recommend that you attend the
above capacity building Webinar before to better understand the issues
and at least one of the three CWG Webinars above to learn about the
CWG's First Draft.
Call details for this Webinar will be sent out in due course. Reserve
the time slot now!

Kind regards,

Olivier