[EURO-Discuss] Internet Governance Webinar Conversation Opportunity With ICANN Senior Executives

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Nov 7 07:28:12 UTC 2013

The call details are as follows:

Adigo Call Numbers :  http://adigo.com/icann
Adigo Conference Bridge No.  Conference ID: 45151321

Adobe Connect:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/icann-soac

------------------------
Internet Governance Webinar Conversation Opportunity With ICANN Senior Executives

Dear SOAC Leaders;

Based on recent discussions within the broader community and your feedback over the past couple of weeks regarding the Montevideo statement,  we think it would be most useful to have a community call before everyone departed for the ICANN Public Meeting in Buenos Aires to discuss recent Internet governance developments – specifically the Montevideo statement - and plans for a broader Internet stakeholder meeting in Brazil next year.

Fadi has had or is planning a few individual conversations with community groups, but we thought some broader community engagement opportunities with ICANN senior executives would also be helpful so that Fadi, Tarek and Theresa could:

§  Provide background and context of the recent I-Star discussions leading to the Montevideo statement;

§  Explain the Board/Staff partnership in this effort;

§  Explain what has been done to date and share perceptions of the recent IGF-Bali meeting; and

§  Highlight next steps/prep plans for Brazil next April.

As a result, we have arranged for two community webinars scheduled for next Friday, 8 November at 1200 UTC and 1900 UTC so that the team can share its thoughts and field community questions and comments.  We are scheduling two separate sessions to cover the global geographic spread of the community and hope that you will be able to share information about the opportunity with your communities.

Each session will be an hour long and any questions or comments that the team can’t get to on the calls will be saved for further discussion in Buenos Aires.

The call details are as follows:

Adigo Call Numbers :  http://adigo.com/icann
Adigo Conference Bridge No.  Conference ID: 45151321;

Adobe Connect:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/icann-soac

To help the team prepare for the sessions, please feel free to share any pre-session questions that you have with me.  I will pass them on to the ICANN Strategy Team in preparation for the sessions.

Best regards,

David
--
David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support

Hakki Yeten Cad. Selenium Plaza No:10/C K:5
34349 Fulya, Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey

Tel: +90.212.381.8727 - Fax: +90.212.381.8731 - Mobile: +1. 202.341.3611