[EURO-Discuss] Meeting with Mr. Chehadé in Germany

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Mon Nov 4 11:16:22 UTC 2013

During my vacation in Berlin, I got an invitation to join a meeting between
Fadi Chehadé and the German government on the future of ICANN.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the details, but I'd like to
report the fact to you and to express my personal feelings.

Fadi explained some background about the recent publication to extend the
internationalization of ICANN. He was very clear in his personal opinions
and where to draw a red line in Internet governance vs. the role of ICANN.

Unfortunly this meeting run short of time, so many discussions did take
place afterwards. Without him.

So long