[EURO-Discuss] IMPORTANT: At-Large Objection Statements posted for RALO review - deadline for RALO advice to ALAC is now March 6 2013

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Mar 7 07:03:17 UTC 2013

Dear EURALO members,

comments are particularly important in this since it is part of the
ALAC's first ever mission that involves direct operational issues. With
issues of health being very high on the agenda in Europe, it would be
sad if there was no advice from the region.
Kind regards,

Olivier

On 07/03/2013 01:58, Wolf Ludwig wrote:
> Hi Avri,
>
> thanks for raising the issue here and your advice what is much appreciated. There have been prior announcements on this list regarding RALO positions and potential objection statements against the new gTLD .health applicants -- but no response, recommendation or the like from our members so far, as usual. And there was no decision taken by the leadership because I am hesitating to forward my personal POV what does not necessarily represent the POV of our members or a portion of them at least. For these reasons, I tend to go for an abstention on all five applicants -- what is politically not a good solution but better than a *non community based* one.
>
> But I am also open for a NO vote on all of the five objections, as you suggested, if there is any further support in this direction. Any further advice will be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Wolf
>

> Avri Doria wrote Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:14:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We do not seem to have a discussion going on on these.  Perhaps the leadership has already decided.
>>
>> I would like to repeat arguments I have made elsewhere _against_ support of these Objections.
>>
>> I think the most important issue for a Community Objection of Harm, is for there to be a Community that is claiming its identity and claiming that it would be harmed by the existence of such a gTLD.
>>
>> In this case, I do not see any Community standing up and declaring we are the Health Community and we think .health will harm us.
>>
>> I therefore suggest that EURALO vote NO on all of five objections.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> avri
>>

>> On 4 Mar 2013, at 01:44, Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Please note that the objection statement against the applicant "dot
>>> Health Limited" for the ".health" string
>>> (https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg) and the objection statement
>>> against the applicant "Stable Tone Limited" for the "健康" ("jiankang")
>>> string (https://community.icann.org/x/0YxwAg) was updated on March 1
>>> 2013 to remove incorrect references to other applicants in these

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html