[EURO-Discuss] Cleaning up the Workspace and: Documents!

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Fri Jun 28 12:43:36 UTC 2013

Dear all,

yesterday we discussed that I will clean up our workspace a little bit.
While this is mailinglist is our analogy of the phone, meeting room and
pantry (communications), the Wiki is our fileserver, desk and shelf
(workplace and storage).

I have started creating areas in our Wiki to make it easier to find
stuff. Now I am working through old content to clean up, rename, move to
the right places.

There are a lot of interesting things to be found on the Wiki!
*
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/Procedure%3A+How+to+deal+with+inactive+ALSes

---> Has that ever been voted on?
* https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/Strategy+2009-2011
...and a lot more!

My goal is to get rid of the "European Regional At-Large Organization
(EURALO)" sub-page which was the top page for everything else in an
otherwise empty workspace.

That way I am also introducing new templates and get rid of most of the
subpages which make it so hard to find content. Also most of that
content is redundant - we have action items in the minutes as well as an
extra page, we have attachments spread all over the wiki, I found six
versions of the Memorandum of Understanding and three times the Bylaws.
This has now been cleaned up, older minutes will follow.

At staff: Could you help me to set up new workspace templates? The
workspace administrator can do that.
Copying old pages to create new ones is copying also all the
attachments. The current meeting page has 29 attachments from several
years! A template could do this much easier.

Regards,

Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch