[EURO-Discuss] EURALO thematic priorities from Lisbon GA

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Jun 25 08:07:02 UTC 2013

Hi Wolf

Nice seeing you and everyone in Lisbon.

Just one question: I see you've put me down in a net neutrality group.  It's an important topic of course, but I don't quite see it as an ICANN matter in the first instance.  Ditto open access, accessibility and inclusion.  Did you have something specific in mind in relation to our mandate that I'm missing?

Personally, rather than drilling down into any one substantive policy area, I would rather allocate my At Large bandwidth to the general state of noncommercial/civil society participation and inputs within our vaunted multistakeholder system.  Here I could see synergies with not only the larger At Large and ALAC but also NCSG and its constituencies as well.  I'd argue there's a growing need for work on that given the new gTLD program, resurgent GAC, the bypassing of the community policy processes and unilateral staff/board actions, etc.

Best,

Bill

On Jun 25, 2013, at 1:31 AM, Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> as announced last week, attached please find a list of *EURALO's thematic priorities* as discussed and defined in Lisbon under our Agenda item C 11. with 5 key topics where we may provide special expertise and follow-up on the ALAC level.
>
> Please note that the listing of names under each topic is preliminary and incomplete according TMK of particular personal and ALS specialization. Please add your names wherever you want to contribute in case of EURALO inputs needed – Thanks!
>
> This list may serve as an Annex / Amendum for the Lisbon GA minutes to be considered -- and once completed with more names to be added to our Workspace.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Wolf
>
> EuroDIG Secretariat
> http://www.eurodig.org/
> mobile +41 79 204 83 87
> Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>
> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
> http://euralo.org
>
> Profile on LinkedIn
> http://ch.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig<EURALO-thematic-priorities2013.docx>_______________________________________________

William J. Drake