[EURO-Discuss] Proposal to move forward regarding the election of Euralo officers

Sébastien Bachollet sebastien at bachollet.com
Sun Jun 23 10:06:52 UTC 2013

Hello,
Let me first congratulate Wolf for the well organized Euralo GA and all of
you for your participation.
I can assure you also that Fadi Chehade was very appreciative of the work
done and the level of the discussion during the GA.
It is important not to loose this momentum.

Now we have, to completely finalize the agenda of the GA, to agree on the
way to select/elect the Euralo Officers.
It is the object of the message now.

Since the end of the EURALO GA in Lisbon, a lot of discussions and meetings
took place regarding the elections of the officers.

I talk with some of you and specifically with Wolf, Yuliya and Oksana.
Both of them agree with me verbally on the following proposal and therefore
I would like to suggest a way to move forward.

If we want to apply the bylaws regarding the election of Euralo Officers we
need to refer to the following article
9.6.1 The Chair of the Board, and a Vice-Chair, shall be elected by the
Board subsequent to the election of the Board, subject to 9.6.4, from
amongst those Board members willing to serve.

And regarding the secretariat we have
12.1 A Secretariat, composed of professional individual(s), may be appointed
or engaged on a paid or unpaid basis by the Board in order to handle the
administrative requirements of the Association.

Therefore a meeting of the Euralo Board must be organized ASAP to discuss
the issue and finalize an agreement, regarding the election of the officers,
as it is the full responsibility of the Board.

The Board take as a informal inputs the vote of the GA regarding the
secretariat position.

The Board vote on the following motion (draft proposition):
"Taking into account article 9.6.1 and 12.1 (and other articles) of the
Euralo bylaws, the Board decide to appoint
As Chair: Wolf Ludwig
As Vice-Chair : Yuliya Morenets
As (unpaid) Secretariat of the Board : Oksana Prykhodko.
The term of office shall last for 2 years."

It may need some more legalistic review in the writing ;)

I hope it is acceptable by all of you and that the Euralo can move forward.
I hope also that the full Board of Euralo will help the 3 (future) officers
and get involved in the policy development to have the voice of the European
End-Users included as much as possible.
If you have any question, I will try to answer them.

Thanks for your involvement.
All the best
Sébastien Bachollet
+33 6 07 66 89 33