[EURO-Discuss] Final preparations for Lisbon GA -- nominations

'TaC International' contact at againstcybercrime.eu
Thu Jun 13 09:31:21 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I refer to the email sent by the Representative of ApTI and feel the
need to bring clarity, as a non-fact based information of a defamation
nature was spread to the community and can affect the image and the
work done by the organization I lead, TaC-Together against Cybercrime,
the team and dozen of volunteers doing great job every day to empower
users in the field of safe and responsible Internet.
Furthermore the neutrality was broken during a sensible nominating
period, as ApTI mail can affect and influence other members of the
community
To bring facts to the community, I would like to underline:
1. TaC is a non for profit working on cybercrime, cybersecurity and
Internet governance. Strong focus is empowerment of users and the most
vulnerable, as well as Child online protection.
2. Our work is based on transparency, constructive dialogue with all
parties and consensus to achieve our main objective and develop
projects in the field of safe and responsible use of the Internet by
users.
3. TaC (represented by myself at this meeting) attended Clean IT ( EU
funded project on the fight against terrorism led by the Dutch
Ministry of Interior) after the invitation to deliver the presentation
on the statistics received from our Academic survey on the violent
behavior of Youth in the Internet sphere.
TaC supported the need to fight against use of the Internet for
terrorist purposes in the respect of fundamental principles, as stated
by the European Convention on Human Rights and to ensure that the
principle of the freedom of expression in the Internet sphere will not
be affected.TaC is mentioned as participant on the website quoted by
ApTI.
4.  TaC was invited by the European Commission to work on the
users-generated content (one of the aspects of copyright). ApTI via
EDRi is a member of the expert Group as well.
To deliver concrete results TaC proposed to the members of the Group
to work on the Strategy on transparency and legal certainty when
reusing others' content in UGC. This was supported by the majority,
civil society, Industry, governmental representatives and other
experts. The work is under progress.  All mentioned information can
be verified on the websites of the mentioned meetings and organizers.
All other sources of information can bring uncertainty.
I would appreciate if this discussion would stop here and at any time
would go to the personal level.
All the best,
Yuliya Morenets (Ms)
On behalf of,
 TaC InternationalTogether against Cybercrime
InternationalHeadquarterF-28, rue d'Ypres67000 Strasbourg-France
Paris officeF-19, rue Dantzig75015 Paris-France
Tel.: +33 369731460Fax.: +33 972377401
www.vulnerables.euFollow us on Facebook