[EURO-Discuss] Final preparations for Lisbon GA -- nominations

Bogdan Manolea /ApTI bogdan.manolea at apti.ro
Wed Jun 12 11:39:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We would like to second Vladimir's proposals:
- Wolf for the Chair, and
- Oksana for the Secretariat - not necessarily from the point of view of
regional balance, but mainly for her work so far and her experience in
the IG issues. (and hope she would be able to come to the Lisbon meeting)

At the same time, after some discussions within our association and with
other associations members of EDRi (as you might know ApTI is a member
of European Digital Rights - EDRi) we would like to refrain (even
indirectly) from supporting the work that Together against Cybercrime
(TaC) and Yulia has been involved lately - and I mean here especially
participation in:

- the CleanIT project (A very unclear project that was trying to push
for voluntary blocking by ISPs and other crazy measures
http://www.cleanitproject.eu/partners-and-participants/) and
- the Licences for Europe - user-generated content consultations (where
it was the only representative of the "user" groups that, in fact, turns
out that they supported the music industry suggestions).

Of course, any NGO is free to do whatever they want, but we, as ApTI,
feel that it should be clear that EURALO and its representatives really
support Internet users interests in all their activities and especially
work for protecting their rights in the digital world.

Please note that I have never met personally Yulia, so don't take this
personally in any way (or as anything of this sort), but we just feel
that these principles need to be discussed in the GA in Lisbon before
any vote.

Also, I feel like I need to make this statement here, as, unfortunately,
I won't be in the Lisbon GA and Adela, the primary contact for ApTI in
EURALO, just changed her job and will not be able to take care of the IG
issues in ApTI in the future. FYI, we will have a colleague going to the
Lisbon GA, but she is young and inexperienced, so I don't want to put
her to explain such a complicated issue as the one above.

PS: Of course, we would also support Veronica and Olivier for their
positions

Best regards

--
Bogdan Manolea
Director Executiv

On 06/07/2013 03:36 PM, Vladimir Kukovsky wrote:
> [...]
> to build personal contacts between key actors across the borders.
> Ukrainian Internet Association focuses its activity on transparency
> and accountability of all IG processes, and that is why we support
> efforts of EMP to translate and explain ICANN-related information
> into Russian/Ukrainian, to work on capacity building, to encourage
> more active involvement of end users in Internet governance. East
> Europe is underrepresented in EURALO, that is why it is important to
> keep our representative in EURALO Board from the point of view of
> regional balance. So, I would like to nominate for the Secretariat
> Oksana Prykhodko.
>
> Best regards, Vladimir Kukovsky
> __________________________________________________________ Executive
> Director of the Ukrainian Internet Association tel. +38 044 278-2925
> mob. +38 067 502-0988 www.inau.org.ua
>

> -----Original Message----- From:
> euro-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> [mailto:euro-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of
> Annette Muehlberg Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 7:24 PM To: Discussion
> for At-Large Europe Cc: staff at atlarge.icann.org; "Egov Annette
> Mühlberg" Subject: Re: [EURO-Discuss] Final preparations for Lisbon
> GA -- nominations
>

> Dear Wolf,  dear all,
>
> sorry for answering that late, but I just realized that the second
> part of your mail is about nominations for the GA-elections in
> Lisbon. I would have expected  to see a seperate nomination
> announcement by staff. But as I understand the nominations have been
> opened since the 27th of May.
>
> For the elections in Lisbon -- see draft agenda (point B 9) -- I
> would like to nominate for a) the Chair: Wolf Ludwig (the incumbent)
> and for b) the Secretariat: Yulya Morenets (new - from TaC, France)
> and c) the Board: the current Board members (if they wish to continue
> or being partly replaced by new members) -- see:
> [1]https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/The+current+EURALO+Board
>
>  Personally I would like to continue on the Board. I am aware that
> due to my involvement in the Enquête-Commission of the German
> Parliament I had not much capacities left for EURALO, but as the work
> of the Enquête-Commission has been completed last month, I would like
> to contribute more to EURALO again.
>
> All the best
>
> Annette
>
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Mai 2013 um 22:56 Uhr Von: "Wolf Ludwig"
> <wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net> An:
> euro-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org Cc: "At-Large Staff"
> <staff at atlarge.icann.org> Betreff: [EURO-Discuss] Final preparations
> for Lisbon GA -- last inputs needed Dear all, we just completed our
> last monthly call before the upcoming Lisbon GA in June and discussed
> some last organisational points (among others). Please note: Hotel
> rooms are booked for all registered participants for 19-20 June or
> two nights at the Altis hotel (what is the EURALO GA and EuroDIG

o+the+2013+GA
> As you may have noticed, I circulated a draft of the Board report
> 2012-13 FYI today what needs to be approved as a regular part of our
> GA. We are on the way to finalize our Agenda for Lisbon with three
> parts: a) a formal one reflecting usual Bylaw requirements (quorum,
> report and re-/elections of officers) b) key and intro speakers
> (Sébastien, Nigel and Olivier) and c)  the  *content  part* on org.
> assessment (strength and weaknesses), definition of EURALO’s key
> themes and priorities, and how to improve and strengthen our member’s
> involvement in regular activities. Your suggestions for the agenda
> parts are welcome! See:
> [4]https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/2013+EURALO+General+Assembly

As we need to conduct re-/elections for Officers and functions at the Lisbon