[EURO-Discuss] Follow up on today's teleconference

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Wed Jan 23 16:09:15 UTC 2013

Thanks Wolf & Roberto for the very inspiring Q&A. Good questions, good answers. It is - as Bill Clinton has said - stumbling forward and EURALO us still struggling with the structural and procedural problems which were created in the 2002 reform and its follow up.

My experiences tell me that to create a "sporot" of a group like EURALO you have to have regular F2F meetings and an agenda with issues (research papers, conferences, actions) and clear specified responsibilities. And I agree with Wolf: Some of the issue and problems are linked to the simple fact, that without funding it is difficult to build bottom up an organisation of volunteers and to form such a "EUERALO spirit" among all members.

My hope is that Losbion will move us one step foreward and thatz ICANN will recognoze that it makes sense to give EURALO a regular budget to organoze an annual emeting either in connection with the annual EURODIG or an ICANN meeting if the regular ICANN meeting is held in Europe (this would be for 2014 eiother Berlin/EURODIG or London).

wolfgang