[EURO-Discuss] Report from the informal session on ICANN Strategy for Europe at ICANN 47, Durban

EMP info at euromediaplatform.org
Tue Aug 13 09:09:20 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Thank you very-very much for your patience with waiting for my response – I
really had no possibilities to answer you earlier.

Just now I am analyzing two documents:

European Strategy Consultation ICANN 47Durban, Thursday 18/07/13

*European **Strategy Consultation ­‐ ICANN 47, Durban*

These documents were sent to me by informal ways – I really highly
appreciate all your contributions!

This is also my unofficial response – I will not change my mind, but I will
highly appreciate all your advice on the form of expression of it)

The first document is unknown for Google. It means that without my personal
contacts with you I could not receive information on this event and on this
project (as well as Michael Yakushev, member of ATRT2, representative of
Russia).

I did find the second document on-line (with the help of Google), but I
would like to return to the first one. I am extremely interested in the
list of participants of this informal meeting. First of all, thanks a lot
to Wolf Ludwig, who did his best to prevent my own personal participation
in this meeting. I did not see him or newly appointed EURALO Secretary
Yulia Morenetz among participants of this meeting. I need to know why? You
are not interested to engage them or they are not interested to be engaged?

Next question.

Ukraine and Russia engagement. I have a lot of letters to write about it.
And I did. What do you need from us? Just to buy Microsoft licenses? If
yes, I am not your supporter.

Next question is about ICANN speakers engagement in national events. I am
IGF-UA catalist. I steal this title from Marilyn Cade, with our Ukrainian
specialties. I do not have money to organize our IGF-UA IV (3 October). I
will do my best to organize Second International Forum “Media for
Information Society”. I highly appreciate Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Sebastien
Bachollet, Michael Yakushev, Leonid Todorof and others participation in
that event. This one we would be happy to devote to issues of transparency
and accountability.

I asked for Sebastien's participation as ICANN speakers at July 26. I did
not receive any answer. I repeated my request later, and I did receive -

Dear Ms. Prykhodko -

Unfortunately, ICANN will not be able to participate in the 2nd
International Forum - Media for Information Society. We appreciate the
invitation.  Travel schedules make it prohibitive.
Look forward to working with you in the future.

Thanks, Violet

I will pay for Sebastien's participation from my own pocket.

But please, do not repeat again about your willingness to hear our voices.

Best regards,

Oksana