[EURO-Discuss] NomCom Report card, April 2013

Veronica Cretu veronicacretu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:20:16 UTC 2013

Dear Euralo members/colleagues! A warm hello to you all!

As ICANN meeting in Beijing is behind us, this is to share with you that
NomCom has had a good number of open meetings @ICANN Beijing, and it
allowed community at -large to participate in those meetings, learn from
the processes inside NomCom, its future steps, etc.

Given that it was my first face-to-face meeting as NomCom member (I missed
Toronto due to visa issues), the meeting in Beijing has also provided me,
personally, with the opportunity to "feel" the atmosphere from inside
NomCom, to analyse the processes more deeply and to come up with some
proposals as well.

In line with this, there will be a working sub-group that I will lead on
"Supporting continuity", continuity being an issue often raised by NomCom
members, and which requires a comprehensive approach. Will get back to you
on this as soon as there is a concept note in place.

Meanwhile, attached comes the Report Card for April 2013. NomCom will have
its teleconference meeting early May to discuss the steps towards Durban
among other matters.

Keeping you posted and wishing you all a great week ahead!

Veronica

--
*Veronica Cretu *
*President, "CMB" Training Center,

*Member of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group*
*To the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)*
*http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/*

*Member of the Nominating Committee of ICANN*
*(Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbering)*
*www.icann.org*

*Email: veronicacretu at gmail.com and/or veronica at cretu.md
Skype: veronicacretu
Phone: 373 067435000*