[EURO-Discuss] WG: [IRP] Launching the principles on THURSDAY 31st

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Mar 29 17:58:33 UTC 2011

Dear all again,

as I know, some of us have followed the discussions and fora on Internet Rights and Principles over the years and a short version with the "10 Internet Rights and Principles" will be launched next Thursday. I think this is a milestone and the flyer attached may be very useful for some of our rights focused ALSes and others as well. Please help to distribute these principles broadly. Translations into various languages are under preparation and can be downloaded from the coalition website soon.

Kind regards,
Wolf

 Lisa Horner wrote Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:00:
>Hi all
>
>Please find attached our snazzy flyer for the 10 Internet Rights and Principles.  I think it looks great - a huge thanks to Brett and his team at Access for the design.  Brett can send you the files if you'd like to get it printed in your own country...would be great if we can all distribute as much as possible at any events and opportunities we have.
>
>Robert and his amazing partner are just finishing off our new irpcharter.org website.  The main purpose of the site is a digress.it plug in so we can gather comments on the charter.  But we'll also have the principles up there in all of our different languages.
>
>Thanks so much to everyone who has offered to translate - it's fantastic.  We have the Spanish from Miguel and the Portuguese from Andreia so far.  If anyone else has managed to get it done yet, please do send them through.  it would be fantastic to have them by tomorrow if at all possible.
>
>To give ourselves an extra day to get everything ready, I think it'll be better if we shift our launch date to Thursday... there'll also be chance we'll get some good quotes for our press release, which Dixie has kindly drafted for us.  I hope that's ok with everyone.  we'll send the press release to the list tomorrow, so we can all send far and wide on Thursday.
>
>Exciting!
>
>All the best,
>
>Lisa

comunica-ch