[EURO-Discuss] Statement on 2011-2014 Strategic Plan / thanks for your input

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jan 12 13:00:07 UTC 2011

Dear European RALO and RALO members,

as you have read in a separate note, I have recently filed an At-Large
Statement on behalf of the At-Large constituency about the 2011-2014
Strategic Plan.

On behalf of the ALAC Executive Committee, I wanted to thank you very
much for feeding your regional input into the process.

This year, the scheduling of comment period and all its process was
changed by ICANN in order to give the At-Large community an earlier
opportunity to be directly involved with the ICANN process.
Unfortunately, this ended up running during the holiday period and we
therefore had to work under pressure. Even with such a time pressure,
the response we have had was very good.

A lesson learned for next year is that we will leave more time for RALOs
to bring their input and discuss it. In fact, you will notice that we
have made a comment about this in our statement too.

In the meantime, I wanted to congratulate European RALO Leaders for
their fast turn-around and At-Large Structures in the region for their
response.

It doesn't stop here.

The information that the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) uses to
draft those Statements comes from you. Your involvement will therefore
always be much appreciated and we therefore hope that you will continue
being an active part in the process. If you have missed the chance to
comment this time, we look forward to hearing from you the next time round.

Warm regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair