[EURO-Discuss] Urgent Call for comment ASAP on ICANN Strategic Plan

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Jan 7 00:38:13 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I hope you've had a good holiday break and Best Wishes for 2011!

So back to work now - here's an urgent call from ALAC Leadership for
regional comment on the ICANN Draft Strategic Plan 2011-2014 which can
be downloaded from:

http://www.icann.org/en/strategic-plan/draft-strategic-plan-2011-2014-27nov10-en.pdf

On today's Executive Committee meeting a draft ALAC statement on the
ICANN 2011-2014 Strategic Plan was prepared. This draft statement is
available at:
https://community.icann.org/display/alacexcomm/ALAC+Statement+on+Draft+2011-2014+Strategic+Plan.

What is written on that page is just a starting point and it is
therefore vital that YOU, the At Large Structures, make your voice
heard. Regional leaders are requested to add their input where indicated
in the draft ALAC statement by Sunday, 9 January at 23:59 UTC.  It is
therefore important that you send your input and comments as soon as
possible. How? By replying to this message, emailing the EURALO Discuss
list, or emailing your comments to me if you'd prefer that. Do you feel
specific items in the Strategic Plan require special support? Do you
think something is missing in the plan, within the framework that the
plan has defined? It's your call.

For reference, please refer to the At-Large Strategic Development
2011-2014 Workspace (available at:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+Strategic+Planning+Development+2011+-+Community+Workspace).
This workspace contains important related background material including
transcripts and recordings to presentations and discussions held with
the ALAC and specific regions in November and December 2010.

However, regardless of information given on various presentations and
meetings, all RALO's and ALSes are reminded that their comments are
requested either directly to the Call for Public Comments ending on
January 10th and/or are to be included in the ALAC Statement. Their
points should be directed to the specific matters raised in, and
comments made in, the ICANN Strategic Plan 2011-2014 (available at:

http://www.icann.org/en/strategic-plan/draft-strategic-plan-2011-2014-27nov10-en.pdf).

Why so little time to respond? This is circumstantial and due to the
presence of the Holiday period right after a very late Cartagena meeting
- and being asked for our input at a much earlier stage that in the past.

We look forward to receiving your input.

Olivier Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Secretary