[EURO-Discuss] EURALO 2012 planning – events and outreach opportunities?

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Dec 21 17:48:54 UTC 2011

Dear all,

at our yesterday’s monthly call we focused on and discussed (7.) Wrap-up EURALO activities 2011 -- highlights/achievements and shortcomings as well as (8.) EURALO planning 2012 -- first ideas and proposals.

As a first planning framework we noted in our December Monthly Report:
“EURALO will start its planning for 2012 immediately after the seasonal break: preparations for EuroDIG 2012 (Stockholm), Safer Internet Day Leipzig (February), IGF open consultations Geneva (February and May), next ICANN-Studienkreis meeting (place and date TBC), and as a next presumable highlight, the June 44 ICANN meeting in Prague where we will probably convene our next GA and organize a EURALO Showcase. Most likely EURALO will be present at the 7th IGF in Baku / Azerbaijan again.“ – See:
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Secretariat+Monthly+Reports

Further events in 2012 were mentioned by call participants like:

*Wikimedia Chapters Conference in March in Berlin (Manuel),
*re:publica 12, 2 – 4 May in Berlin (Annette)
http://re-publica.de/12/

And we would like to know about any other IG or net-related events – you already know about – for our 2012 planning (and being posted on our Workspace). Please forward your inputs to this list.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all some joyful – calm – relaxing (or whatsoever ;-) sessional holidays and a splendid slide into the New Year.

Next year we will count on you for more … Thanks for all your support and

kind regards,
Wolf

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/