[EURO-Discuss] URGENT: Draft statement to ALAC on At Large Board Director Election Process

Annette Muehlberg Annette.Muehlberg at web.de
Wed Oct 20 12:42:17 UTC 2010

thank you olivier, thank you adam. i would like to support what you drafted.

i think we should also mention the issue of the voting procedure of the ALAC and RALO chairs. i consider it to be crucial that there is a need for majority vote and if no candidate reached this in the first round, there should be a second vote of the three best candidates and a final vote on the two best candidates.  this procedure makes sure that we have the chance to find - on a rather consensus based procedure - a candidate who will be supported by all regions.

adam, in addition to your statement below: i think it is always helpful to make a precise proposal of procedure and timelines that should be reviewed by the At-Large Board Selection Design Team. instead of only asking them to come up with new proposals without making an own proposal.

all the best
annette