[EURO-Discuss] vote: At-Large Board Director Election

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Nov 28 14:40:11 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I have just voted in the second round of the At-Large Board Director
Election: I voted for Alan.

Direction from the RALO has not been clear-cut.  However, I think we
should all be pleased that turnout of EU ALS in the first poll was
high, over 70%.  This is very much to the RALO's credit and a
reflection of Wolf's good leadership.

We have had problems with this process, but I think we predicted this
would be the case as a result of the Board's slow decision regarding
changes to the bylaws.  EURALO has acquitted itself well.  My main
regret is that we were unable to increase the slate through petition.
I am sorry Avri and Jean-Jacques were not candidates.

I think Sebastien will be a passionate and highly dedicated At Large
Director, a strong advocate for many of the principles we believe
essential to the At Large. However, in considering the skills I think
necessary for the board I believe Alan would be more be effective in
building consensus around issues and overall he better meets what I
consider to the be skill-sets required of a Director, not just an At
Large representative.

It is difficult to choose between people you like and respect.  It
was equally difficult in the first round, where I believe Pierre
would have been an exceptional choice.  I wish both candidates the
very best of luck and thank all for their hard work and dedication to
the At Large.

Best,

Adam