[EURO-Discuss] Next stage of the At-Large Board Director selection process

Avri Doria avri at ltu.se
Fri Nov 12 18:05:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I do not think I will be attending the call tomorrow.

On 12 Nov 2010, at 10:07, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:

> You may add your questions for the candidates directly to the
> Candidate-Community forum page.
> Alternatively, please email your questions here, and Wolf and I will
> relay them to the Candidate-Community forum page.
>
> Whilst we hope that you will take part in person, if you are unable to
> take part in the conference call with the candidates, you can still send
> your questions for them to be asked in your absence.

 Some questions I think could be asked of the candidates.

1. To what extent do you think that the ALAC should be equivalent in its influence within ICANN to the GAC.  Should the by-laws be changed to give the ALAC the same right of advice as the GAC has?

2. How do you plan to balance your commitment to doing what you believe is best for ICANN as a California corporation with your role as a representative of the members of the At-Large?  How do you propose handling it when your vote runs counter to the advice of the ALAC and At-Large.

3. What do you plan to do about the Culture of Secrecy that exists in ICANN.  What role does the Board have to play in making ICANN more transparent and accountable?

4. What degree of oversight do you think the Board should exert over the Staff and its activities.

5. Do you accept that ICANN remains a US based corporation or do you have a plan for increasing its International status.

6. Do you agree with the current salary levels of the senior managers in ICANN.  Do you think the Board should change the levels of compensation to be more in keeping with the non-profit of ICANN.  If so, how do you plan seeing this dealt with?

7. What is your plan for any excess funds that may be derived from new gTLD auctions?

8. Do you think it is necessary for ICANN to make serious adjustments to the new gTLD process and application fees in order for it to be possible for there to be applicants from the developing economies.  what sort of changes would you be in favor of seeing?

thanks
a.