[EURO-Discuss] WG: EURALO Petition to extend the At-Large voting slate

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sun Nov 7 15:58:37 UTC 2010

Dear all,

thanks for your participation and support on our recent request for your opinions on the options for a EURALO petition to extend the At Large slate. Until yesterday PM, we had the following result:

Option A: Stefan, Annette, Werner, Rena, Wolfgang, Yjrö, Sandra, Wolf = 8;
Option B:  Patrick, Adam, Manuel, Rudi = 4;
Option C: Dessi, Monique (Sébastien) = 2 (3).

Christopher told me that as a BCEC member he prefers to abstain from positioning – what I understand and support.

This means, we had a strong majority for petitioning (Options A and B). And it was difficult for Olivier and me to decide on our course of action among the two options. Therefore, we tried to find a compromise – to be as inclusive as possible – by sending our EURALO petition for two candidates: Avri Doria and Jean-Jacques Subrenat who explicitly asked us for support. The other suggested candidate for option B Jordi was not seeking contact and support from us.

I hope that our final compromise and course of action is acceptable for all those (12 members) at least who expressed themselves for petitioning.

Please be aware that the member consultation for the directed vote of the Chair in this matter will start soon, and I am counting on a strong participation and your support again.

Thanks and kind regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87