[EURO-Discuss] Petition Candidacy

Avri Doria avri at ltu.se
Tue Nov 2 03:42:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have been asked about a rumor that indicated  I did not want to petition for candidacy for the ALAC BoD.  _Nothing_ could be further from the truth.  I saw that Wolf was starting one and had communicated with him indicating my appreciation. Or at least I though I had.  I also sent notes to the chair's of all the other RALO telling them I would appreciate a petition candidacy.  In one case, that note was forwarded to the RALO, and in another I was asked to send a note to the RALO, which I did.  I did not send a note to EURALO because I had already communicated with Wolf.

I only approached the chairs, or in one case the person I thought was chair, and in one case the chair and the vice chair, because I did not have a good idea about the process involved in requesting a petition candidacy and figured I would petition the leadership and then leave it up to them and you all to figure out what I should do next.

I am, however, both appreciative and supportive of any efforts EURALO and the other RALOs may take on behalf of my  petition candidacy.

thanks
a.