[EURO-Discuss] EURALO Brussels planning and next call

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu May 13 07:25:51 CDT 2010

Dear all,

Olivier, Matthias and I met last Tuesday at the IGF consultation in Geneva and used the opportunity for some discussions. In recent time, there were some questions and frustrations raised regarding the next ICANN meeting and our planed EURALO Show case there.

Some of our members/ALSes have not understood so far, that there will be *no* EURALO General Assembly (according to our by-laws) there because there will be no funding to invite and bring our ALSes to Brussels. People were asking me “Why EURALO is organising a Show case in Brussels without involvement and participation of its members?” A question or even a contradiction I can perfectly understand when we are planning such a Show case about us without a solid representation of our member orgs. (because most of them cannot afford to join us on their own expenses there!).

This is an important issue we have to discuss at
*our next monthly call next week
and an important point that should be raised by our representative (Adam)
*at the next call of the ALAC Finance and Budget Committee.

I don’t know how we can solve this dilemma at the moment but, as repeatedly said before, one RALO face-to-face meeting per year is crucial for motivation – involvement – participation of our members. I understand that mere remote participation over longer periods is not enough – and I share the frustrations expressed (mostly informally to me) by several members.

I would like to ask Matthias to add this important point on the agenda for our next call. Thanks and

kind regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87