[EURO-Discuss] Welcome to ICANN At-Large!

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Wed May 5 09:43:22 CDT 2010

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

We as Wikimedia CH are happy to be with you in order to develop a
healthy internet society - technically, legally and socially.

As Wikimedia - association for the advancement of free knowledge - our
focus lies within accessibility, net neutrality etc.

Within the Wikimedia context Wikimedia CH has a special role, in
contrast to the other chapters we have no match between a community and
association, the three main languages and their corresponding Wikimedia
projects in Switzerland are already covered by the strongest Wikimedia
chapters in Germany, France and Italy. In this context Wikimedia CH
plays the role of a networking chapter, interconnecting the Wikimedia
communities, the Wikimedia Foundation and likeminded organisations.
ICANN is part of that network we want to span.

So thanks again and a fruitful collaboration,

Manuel
--
Regards
Manuel Schneider