[EURO-Discuss] At Large Director: electorate

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Tue Jan 26 03:53:20 CST 2010

Hi

I fully agree with Adam that the principle is important irrespective of whether the first implementation raises any issues (which would be a learning experience to build on).

It might make sense to do more than inform ALSes of the process, e.g. take the opportunity of the contact to solicit input as to which current issues are of particular concern to them, what can Euralo do to facilitate their engagement on these, etc.

Best,

Bill

On Jan 26, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Adam Peake wrote:

> I've been thinking about what I said about the election process, my concerns about the ALS as the electorate.  I don't think I was wrong (of course!) but I have come to think it doesn't matter, as a matter of principle the At Large should be the ones voting, as such I fully support a directed vote. As nomcom appointed ALAC member I would be happy to take direction on how to vote, should be for EU-RALO to decide. (I am not sure this would be binding on future nomcom appointees, but perhaps we can write rules that allow for a case by case approach.)
>
> Please, can we begin informing the ALS of the process.  All should be subscribed to this list. But some direct outreach to individual reps would be good. So the response rate to email about the At Large Director vote is at least 75%.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

William J. Drake
Senior Associate