[EURO-Discuss] Board Selection process at EURALO

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Aug 18 15:05:30 UTC 2010

Dear all,

In August 2009, a year ago already, and following the recommendations of the independent At Large Review, the ICANN Board made the historical decision that ALAC should be granted a voting Board seat instead of a non-voting Board Liaison which we had until now. This Board decision is the result of a long-lasting struggle by former and present ALAC members and some observers see a link between our first ALAC User Summit held in March 09 in Mexico-City what increased credibility and respectability of our work.

After the Board’s decision, ALAC convened working committees to discuss and decide appropriate procedures for the selection of its future voting Board members. Two of our members sat on the Design Team for the election process, and two are now sitting on the Candidate Evaluation Team.

We are pleased to announce that everything is now ready to proceed with accepting applications called Statements of Interests (SOIs) from people wishing to be considered for the Board Director Position. This can be done on:
https://www.bigpulse.com/m9918/intro

To be considered, an applicant needs to send in an SOI. In EURALO, we would like to facilitate the process for applicants and wish to go further, by asking you if you would like to recommend potential candidates from your ALS, your ALAC region, or even other ALAC regions. As time is of the essence (the call for SOIs ends on 21st August), we would be looking forward to receive your nominations as soon as possible and are willing to invite and assist the candidates you suggest in filling out their SOI. Please email your nominations as soon as possible on this list, we will follow-up with the nominees afterwards (to provide confidentiality of personal data). Off-list nominations can also be sent to: info at euralo.org

A list of candidates who submitted their completed Statement of Interest (SOI) will be published on Monday, August 23 under
https://st.icann.org/working-groups/index.cgi?at_large_director_candidate_2010_workspace

The updates on the Board Selection process will be an agenda item of our next General Assembly in Vilnius as well. Your suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards,
Wolf Ludwig and Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond

Note: You can download the ALAC Final Recommendations on At-Large Community Director Selection Process under:
https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/working-groups/attachments/at_large_dir
ector_appointment_process:20100726033157-0-1902/original/ALAC%20Final%20Reco
mendations%20on%20At-Large%20Community%20Director%20Selection%20Process-09Ju
n2010.pdf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig