[EURO-Discuss] Board Selection process

Christopher Wilkinson cw at christopherwilkinson.eu
Tue Aug 17 17:22:04 UTC 2010

Good evening (19.15):

Having been dropped from the call just now, here are the key points:

1.	WL letter to the List: OK but let us wait until the Press Release
is out for the deadlines etc.

2.	ICANN Press Release: I am sure that the staff +CLO will extend the
deadline. I have proposed 6 September.

3.	Candidates: there are several steps:

  	(a) encourage qualified people to present SoI, including gender
balance, youth, and people outside the inside group.
	(b) Does EURALO and our ALS want to comment/prioritise the list of
all candidates at that stage?
		 I am not quite sure whether the list of all candidates will be
already public, when?
	(c) BCEC will prepare a short list (3-7 names)
	(d) ALAC+RALO Chairs will vote on the BCEC shortlist. Will EURALO and
our member ALS have an opportunity to comment or prioritise the
candidates at that stage?
		This depends on the outcome of the WL letter that we have in draft.

4.	The general objective is that the election process will be complete
by the December 2010 ICANN meeting.

I would be glad to try and answer your questions or take forward your
questions to the next BCEC conference call o 25 August.

Regards

CW