[EURO-Discuss] ALAC meeting with the Board, Sydney

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu May 21 10:13:55 EDT 2009

Cher Sébastien,

I think, your points and concerns are perfectly in line with what we
discussed yesterday at the monthly EURALO call: How can we follow-up
the Summit Declaration and the role of ALAC - RALOs - and the Internet
users at ICANN? We therefore suggested that ALAC should bring this up
again in Sydney (- see the posting on the board list:)

>It would be good if ALAC would formally ask the ICANN Board
>what they think about the recommendations in the Summit
>Declaration handed over to them at the closure of the Summit
>in Mexico.

>Some keywords for such an approach to be prepared for Sydney:
>The Summit preparation was a big effort by the ALAC community
>and conducted successfully, it was a considerable investment in
>terms of money for ICANN and it was not meant as a "single event"
>but rather more a continuing process for the community ...
>The statements and recommendations on the different work
>subjects would therefore need further consideration and validation
>by the ICANN Board ...

Wish you a good time in SF! All the best,
Wolf