[EURO-Discuss] At-Large Summit -- EURALO GA and Board re-elections

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sun Mar 15 12:38:39 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I think, most of you have realised that the recent At-Large Summit in Mexico can be considered as a success and it was a great step forward for the ALAC and RALO community. More infos about the results of the first ICANN User Summit you can find in the Summit Declaration which was handed over to Paul
Twomey during the closing ceremony on Thursday 5 March 09 in Mexico:
http://www.atlarge.icann.org/files/atlarge/correspondence-05mar09-en.pdf

In conjunction with the Summit, EURALO (and all other RALOs) held its 2nd General Assembly on Tuesday 3 March 09. The draft of the GA Meeting minutes was sent to this list by Annette already – thanks again, Annette. One important part of our 2nd GA was Agenda point 8 -- the re-election of Board members: (extract from the minutes)

“The Board consists of 9 seats in total, one has been vacant since Paris.

Wolf Ludwig got unanimously supported as Chair.

Vittorio Bertolla (on the previous board), Lutz Donnerhacke, Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Dessi Greve were unanimously nominated for the Board.

We have two candidates for the EURALO Secreatriat: Dessi, if she agrees to (in the next two days), if not we all agree that we will have Rudi as secretary.”

Dessi has confirmed her nomination with her message on this list on Friday 6 March 09.

With the ALSes present in Mexico we formally attained the Quorum for elections during the GA but the assembly decided to follow the same re-election procedure as we did in Paris: The candidates mentioned above were nominated, approved and recommended by the GA --
BUT should be CONFIRMED by the EURALO list afterwards. This means, if NO OBJECTIONS are raised on this list within the next ten days from now, or until Wednesday 25 March 09 at the latest, the GA recommendations for a renewed EURALO Board are considered as confirmed and valid.

Thanks and best regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87