[EURO-Discuss] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] Appointment Process for Nominating Committee Appointments from the ALAC for 2009/2010:

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Aug 7 06:47:58 CDT 2009

We have many positions to fill in the coming
weeks and months. Selection of our NomCom
delegate has quite an early deadline (seems we
should have started the process a couple of days
ago.)

As far as I can see, the delegate does not need
to be an ALS member, but it would be a good way
to get a person from an ALS to a couple of extra
ICANN meetings.

I've been involved on NomCom in the past and
found it rewarding.  Requires you to look at
ICANN's needs broadly, from across all the
supporting organizations, advisory committee and
of course the board rather than the more typical
vertical/silo approach we have when we work
within our respective AC/SOs.

Adam