[EURO-Discuss] Last call: Summit Questionnaire – to be returned ASAP

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sun Sep 28 12:05:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,

may be some of you remember that there was a Questionnaire on the
User’s Summit agenda setting circulated by the Staff in June this year
(just before our last General Assembly in Paris). Some of the ALSes
who were present in Paris completed and returned the Questionnaire
there – others did it in the weeks after Paris.

The Questionnaire is a very important tool to prepare the ICANN
User Summit which is supposed to happen at the beginning of next
year (February 09) in Mexico via a bottom-up approach. And the
more feed-back we will get from our members/ALSes the better
the agenda setting and conduct of the Summit can be prepared
and organised by the Summit working group.

As we know from a first assessment of the “Questionnaires returned”
submitted by the Staff, only about half of the European ALSes
participated and expressed their preferences and ideas so far –-
what shows only part of the picture and user concerns. I would like
to remind you that we need a far more comprehensive and reliable
result of this survey! Therefore the Summit-WG decided at its last
Conf.call to extend the DEADLINE for the return of the Questionnaires
UNTIL Wednesday 22nd October, 2008.

Please note that ALSes who do not participate in this survey / submit
their Questionnaire will NOT be invited to the User’s Summit / ATLAS
and won’t get travel funding for Mexico!

It is still the aim of the Summit-WG to have as many ALSes as possible
in Mexico and to assure a participation what can be called “representative”.
Therefore please take a couple of minutes (10 min. max) to fill in the
Questionnaire (attached again) and return it ASAP.

Thanks for your support und best regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig