[EURO-Discuss] FW: [At-Large] EC consultation on the Internet of Things

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Oct 13 07:51:23 EDT 2008

Hi Nick,

thanks for forwarding this info which is important for EURALO indeed.
To my knowledge, some of our German ALSes are working on issues
like RFID and IoT and the matter is of considerable concern for the
public and actually the Internet users (we always pretend to
represent ;-).

This could be a first opportunity for EURALO to "have a role to play
here (and) to provide - as far as possible -  a consensual voice".
Let's try it! Another issue to be discussed among the EURALO reps.
who will be present next week at EuroDIG in Strasbourg.

Best,
Wolf

Nick Ashton-Hart wrote Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:34:
>Dear EURALO Members:
>
>This note from Olivier seemed to be worth forwarding.

 Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond sent Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:34:
>Dear all:
>
>European RALOs might wish to read through & make suggestions on a public
>consultation currently in place on the EC Web site, regarding the future
>"Internet of Things".
>
>http://ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/ipm/forms/dispatch?form=IOTconsultation
>
>Currently, the EC batches RFID, Internet of Things and creation of an
>alternative to the DNS root, named ONS, all in one bag. You might wish to
>add your voice if your organisation agrees or not. Also - EURALO might have
>a role to play here to provide a consensual voice.
>
>Time is of the essence: all responses have to be received by the Commission
>by 28th November 2008. By the way, you can leave your comments/suggestions
>in any of the European Langages: http://ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/
>
>Kind regards,
>
>--
>Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond, Ph.D.