[EURO-Discuss] Your support for the Staff's “Improvement”-Survey needed

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu Jun 19 09:14:59 EDT 2008

Dear All

You will have received At-Large Staff’s (Frederic Teboul’s) recent email asking some questions of you as a member of the At-Large community and some of you have already replied. As there have been a few questions about the message, the Staff would like to provide some additional information.

Firstly, we want to emphasize that this effort is meant to be a collaborative process – we are asking you to provide information so that we can combine your answers with others in the At-Large community and create a summary of the community’s views on how its involvement in ICANN can be better supported.  We will share the aggregated input with you, along with an analysis of the trends that we see, and our thoughts on how we might collectively – Staff and community - respond to the Regional At-Large Organizations’ needs to support greater involvement in ICANN.  After community discussion and concurrence, an Action Plan will be publicly posted and implemented.

To be clear, the questions you have been asked to respond to relate only to the At-Large community and its involvement in ICANN.  To avoid any confusion, we are re-stating the questions below, and would appreciate receiving your thoughts.

This exercise is part of Staff's ongoing effort to better serve the At-Large community.  It is not related to the completely separate and independent “ALAC Review” currently being conducted under the auspices of the Board as part of their process for reviewing all ICANN structures.

We know you are all busy and that you volunteer for your At-Large group and ICANN in your spare time. On reflection, we therefore think the original deadline was overly ambitious. It would be a great help if we could get a good set of responses on or before the end of the Paris ICANN meeting (25th June). This will allow us to move on to the next steps in the process mentioned above in due course. That said, of course the kind of input we seek in this short questionnaire is always welcome – we are always glad to hear your thoughts, concerns and ideas.

For your convenience, below you will find a restated set of the same questions.

1.   What issues being debated in ICANN do you believe are the most important to your RALO?

2.   How can we help make the time you spend on ICANN issues as valuable and efficient to you as possible?

3.   What challenges and opportunities do you see for your RALO and for At-Large more generally (in the context of ICANN work)?

4.   How interaction between and within RALOs be increased?

5.   What are the top three things you would like your RALO to achieve?

6.   What are the top three things you believe ICANN Staff could do to help your RALO?

Please try to find some time to answer the questions -- short responses are welcome as well.
Many thanks in advance for your time with these questions – but also with ICANN!

Best Regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87