[EURO-Discuss] TR : Improvement of the win-win relationship between theStaffand the At-Large Community

Tommi Karttaavi tommi.karttaavi at isoc.fi
Wed Jun 11 07:26:16 EDT 2008

Frederic, all,

Below, please find the answers of ISOC Finland to the questions 1 through
5. We didn't manage to come up with anything to the last two.

Best regards,

Tommi

-------------------------------------
1. What issues are most important to your RALO and your region?

Reliability of the current DNS service, both technically and as a
service independent of politics. Maintaining the current independence of
ICANN is very important.

2. How can we help make your time efficient?

Some kind of document that outlines all the documents, tools, websites,
guidelines etc. that are available for At-Large Structure organisations
would be helpful. If such a document/web page exists, a pointer to it
would be nice.

In general, we would like to know better what is going on. The web sites
Pertaining to At-Large should be better organised and structured and give
more information. Having to go through hundreds of received emails is not
a very
efficient way of finding information when you need it.

A mailing list for Finnish people who are interested in ICANN would be a
big help. Can ICANN provide that?

3. What challenges and opportunities do you see for your region?

It is difficult to find people who are interested or even aware that
ICANN exists.

4. How could we increase interaction between communities?

That's a tough one. Everybody has a zillion other fora besides this they
are supposed to follow. So community website is not the answer, if it is
"just another wiki I have lost the password to". Mailing lists are a
good but very limited tool. Building real interaction is a difficult
task.

5. What are the top three priorities you would list for your regions?

- keeping ICANN independent
- having a working DNS
- implementing IPv6

6. What are the top three objectives you would like to see achieved for
your regions?
7. What are the top three activities you would like to see implemented
and practiced in your region?