[EURO-Discuss] Eurodig?

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Mon Jul 28 07:31:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:55:18 +0200, Wolf Ludwig
<wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net> wrote:

> William Drake wrote Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:13:
> (...)
>  >Assuming the events in question are substantively reasonable
>>and organized by non-problematic parties, this seems a low risk
> opportunity
>>to do much needed outreach.  However, I'm sure you would agree that in
> the
>>future such matters should be discussed and agreed first, per standard
>>practice, right?
>
> Agreed and promised!

Whatever was done is done. Trying to go forward, we need several things to
make this a successful event for Euralo:

- A clear document stating a consensus opinion of Euralo on the issues that
will be discussed. This could be a bullet point list, and would be used as
a framework by our representative.

- Select who is going to wear the "euralo hat" at this meeting. I think it
is important that whoever goes there on behalf of Euralo is clearly
identifiable as such. Of course, this should not prevent ALS
representatives to participate in their own capacity, with their own
positions.
The rationale is that it may be difficult to identify what Euralo positions
are if carried by someone wearing several hats.

- The usual litterature: flyers, etc. Important for outreach to non-ICANN
insiders.

Patrick