[EURO-Discuss] Election EURALO ALAC Representative - Update

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Aug 27 14:25:32 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I do believe we should try to have Veronica’s replacement elected in time to receive travel assistance to the Cairo meeting and I do endorse moving ahead with the timetable in the email recently posted by the Staff:

[EURO-Discuss] Election EURALO ALAC Representative posted 22/08/2008
and
[EURO-Discuss] EURALO members with voting rights posted 25/08/2008.

What was still open until the very last minute / today is Adela Danciu’s status because she recently got a new job at the European Commission in Brussels. What is good news for her – congratulations again, Adela! – is bad news for us: Because of several uncertainties like time availabilities etc. in her new function she resigned from the list of ALAC-candidates – what I personally do regret not only for gender and regional balance reasons.

Therefore, we have only 3 nominations left for the 2 vacant positions:
*Sébastien Bachollet (ISOC France),
*Lutz Donnerhacke (Foerderverein Informationstechnik und Gesellschaft, Germany),
*Patrick Vande Walle (ISOC Luxembourg A.S.B.L.),

I would like to ask the Staff to take note of this change for the voting system preparations.

As mentioned in the Mailing by Nick. Votes will be cast using the electronic voting system (www.bigpulse.com) as was the case for the previous elections. As mentioned in the second Mailing on „members with voting rights“ you will receive a private Mail with your sign-in credentials shortly.

I will assume that this course of action and procedure meets with your approval if there are no objections raised by the time the ALAC election closes on Tuesday 2nd September 08 at 23:50 UTC. This gives just about one day to the Staff to approve the voting results of our two new ALAC representatives. Their names must be communicated to the ICANN travel department on Thursday 4th September for the Cairo travel arrangements. That’s the reason why we have to conduct this voting on such a short notice and closure (at the beginning of next week).

I hope that all our members with voting rights (see xls-list sent by the Staff) may find some time after receipt of the sign-in credentials to participate at the voting!

Looking forward to welcome our new ALAC representatives soon.

Best regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87