[EURO-Discuss] At-Large EURALO 2007 Election Results

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Mon May 21 10:43:54 EDT 2007

Dear All:

I'm pleased to report the results of the 2007 EURALO Elections.

ALAC COMMITTEE:

2-year Term: CRETU, Veronica
1-year Term: BACHOLLET, Sebastian

EURALO BOARD

Number of Seats Chosen: All Candidates (from a selection by ballot of
5, 7, 9, or all candidates)

Members Elected (in order of election, taking into account Bylaw
requirement of nationality diversity with respect to first 5 seats)

HOFMANN, Jeannette
LUDWIG, Wolf
BERTOLA, Vittorio
DE QUITO, Paco
MILOSHEVIC, Desiree
BRUCH, Christophe
BANKS, Karen
DRAKE, Bill
VANSNICK, Rudi

Whilst Sebastian Bachollet and Veronica Cretu were also candidates
for board seats, the elections process agreed on was that those
elected to ALAC seats would not also occupy board seats, though they
would be able to attend board meetings.

For those who wish to review the details of the election, and to
ensure independent verification of the results published, the voting
system provides a URL as follows:

http://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=YZMs83SWNAgmq75TMXUb

The procedures related to the election can be found at:

https://st.icann.org/euralo/index.cgi?euralo_elections_2007

Since one-half of the EURALO board was to be elected every year, as
per the Bylaws for the region adopted in Lisbon, it was submitted for
consideration by the ICANN staff that the top 1/2 (rounded to the
nearest whole number) would serve a 2-year term, and the bottom 1/2 a
1-year term. Given the number of members of the board, that procedure
would not resolve whether the top 4, or 5, would be serving 2-years.
Perhaps the region will allow the board, in its first meeting, to
decide this question.

On behalf of the staff of ICANN may I extend extend our
congratulations to the newly-elected officers and wish them the best
in their new roles. I look forward to working with them all.

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director, At-Large