[EURO-Discuss] [EURO-ALS] Voting Porcedure

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri May 11 12:55:30 EDT 2007

Verner:

There are two problems with this:

1) The process of how to vote was agreed in Lisbon, so unless 2/3 of
the ALSes intervene to reverse that decision, there is no grounds to
reconsider, more than six weeks after the event.

2) Nothing would prevent you from noting preferences for only one, or
two, out of the three, and not setting a second or a third preference.
So, the effect you might achieve would be the same.

On 11/05/07, W.Hülsmann (DVD e.V.) <huelsmann at datenschutzverein.de> wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>
> there is a difference if all voters have two possible votes or if the
> voters have to rank all three candidates. If I have two possible votes,
> I can also vote only for one candidate and let my secend vote unused.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Werner
>
> Nick Ashton-Hart schrieb:
> > Verner, and all:
> >
> > Could we please, instead of trying to find things to object to, try
> > and find things to agree on.
> >
> > To repeat: there is no difference in the outcome whether one ranks
> > three candidates, or whether you dispose of two individual votes for a
> > candidate of three.
> >
> > HOWEVER: insisting on changing everything because one or two
> > individuals want to change what was agreed by a much larger group of
> > ALSes in Lisbon is basically the same as suggesting that any one ALS
> > can veto any decision reached by a much larger group of ALSes.
> >
> > This would result in nothing ever being achieved.
> >
> > On 11/05/07, W.Hülsmann (DVD e.V.) <huelsmann at datenschutzverein.de>
> > wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> my first question:  "noon UTC" is 1 pm GMT?
> >>
> >> For the ALAC-Seats the rankingsystems makes for me no sense and it seems
> >> to be not democratical for such a few seats to elecect. Therefor we
> >> should use for the election of the ALAC-Seats tweo possible Votes for
> >> each voter.
> >>
> >> Greatings,
> >>
> >> Werner
> >>
> >> Nick Ashton-Hart schrieb:

> Vorratsdatenspeicherung? Nein Danke!  -  Noch ist es
> nicht zu spät: http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
>
> --
>
> Dipl. Inform. Werner Hülsmann
> Vorstandsmitglied der Deutschen Vereinigung für Datenschutz (DVD) e.V. Obere Laube 48 - D-78462 Konstanz
> Tel.: 07531 / 365905-6 Mobil: 0179 / 46 86 484
> E-Mail: huelsmann at datenschutzverein.dehttp://www.datenschutzverein.de

Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
PO Box 32160