[EURO-Discuss] [EURO-ALS] Voting Porcedure

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri May 11 05:45:10 EDT 2007

Verner:

Thank you for your note. The first vote will be to decide whether or
not the single ALS who is not a party to the MoU will be voting on the
ALAC members and the board members.

That vote will start today.

With respect to the ranking system: This is what was decided in Lisbon
as the procedure to be used, and so that procedure is carried forward
to the actual vote. It is the same process that was strongly
recommended with respect to the board seats, so on a practical level
it makes sense to use only one type of voting on one ballot to reduce
confusion.

On 11/05/07, W.Hülsmann (DVD e.V.) <huelsmann at datenschutzverein.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on https://st.icann.org/euralo/index.cgi?euralo_elections_2007 I read:
>
> "VOTERS: The designated voters (1 per ALS) of ALSes who have signed the
> Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN either in-person at the Lisbon
> ICANN meeting or digitally via electronic mail - at any time before the
> beginning of the voting"
>
> There must be a mistake: First of all we have to decide, if this "strong
> recommendation" will be accepted.
>
> Next: If there are two seats we have to vote for ALAC, then every voter
> should have two possible votes. The two candidates with the most votes
> will be elected. This is the democratical way of election. There ist no
> need for such a ranking.
>
> After the election of the two members for the ALAC seats we have two
> decide, how many seats shall the EURALO board have. The election of the
> EURALO boad members can't start before we know how many board members
> are to elect.
>
> Kind Regarts,
>
> Werner Hülsmann

> Vorratsdatenspeicherung? Nein Danke!  -  Noch ist es
> nicht zu spät: http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
>
> --
>
> Dipl. Inform. Werner Hülsmann
> Vorstandsmitglied der Deutschen Vereinigung für Datenschutz (DVD) e.V.
> Obere Laube 48 - D-78462 Konstanz
> Tel.: 07531 / 365905-6 Mobil: 0179 / 46 86 484
> E-Mail: huelsmann at datenschutzverein.dehttp://www.datenschutzverein.de

Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
PO Box 32160