[EURO-Discuss] ALAC

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat May 5 13:13:14 EDT 2007

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> Apologies if this question is re-hashing an old discussion about ISOC
> chapters and ALAC, I haven't seen it if it is.  Seems important
> particularly if two people from the same type of ALS are selected for
> ALAC.

I would suggest to put this question in more general terms, rather than
focusing on specific candidates and organizations. I think that it
should be clear that whoever is elected to the ALAC (or to any other
position on behalf of the group) is there to represent the views of the
group, rather than his/her own or those of his/her organization. All of
our ALSes have opinions and agendas, but this is a place for collective
exchange and consensus building, not for deciding which view has to
prevail over the others.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------