[EURO-Discuss] ALAC candidates and rules

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Wed May 2 04:11:30 EDT 2007

I also support Roberto's opinion, as well as the comments and arguments
of Patrick and Sebastien. So far, it has been difficult for me to
understand why someone wants to have a board seat in an organisation
while not willing to be part of it ! Another strange feeling, and I know
I'm going to be very unpopular now, almost every argument against is
coming from Germany. Why ? All other participants in the Euralo so far
have not expressed any need to have individuals non-ALSes being the
representatives of an organisation fully complying to the ALAC-EURALO
rules defined in an official MoU. If we want to change rules we would
have to restart the debates all over. And for the sake of peace, I'm not
against individuals : ISOC Belgium is based on individuals having the
possibility to express themselves whenever they want. Volunteering work
is based on individuals not on organisations.

Can we please proceed as was discussed, decided and agreed on ?

Rudi Vansnick
Chair ISOC Belgium