[EURO-Discuss] Lisbon Follow Up

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat Mar 31 13:21:53 EDT 2007

Annette Muehlberg ha scritto:
> I very much hope that there is not a serious discussion on deliberately
> excluding accredited ALSes which happened to have no chance to attend
> the Lisbon Meeting. This is certainly not something I would have given
> my signature for.

No one wants to exclude anyone. But you also have to understand the
feelings among people who spared one week of their life to come to
Lisbon, went through three days of hard discussions, with some very
heated moments, went to a great distance to reach compromise and
consensus, and now see people asking to change again what had been
agreed. Anyway, I think that there is ample opportunity for making
everyone happy!

This said; the MoU and Bylaws have been agreed and signed both by Paul
Twomey and by a number of ALSes, there is no way that they can be
changed again. But if you think you need more time for the phases of the
election process that was agreed, I am personally fine with allowing for
some more time to let Easter pass - for example, 1-22 April for
nominations, 23-29 April for discussion, 30 Apr-6 May for consensus
building, and 7-11 May for voting.

Would that be ok? By the way, the later we go, the lesser are the
chances that we can have a GA before the San Juan ICANN meeting.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------