[EURO-Discuss] Lisbon Follow Up

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sat Mar 31 07:11:14 EDT 2007

Dear list,

back home here are some conclusions, comments and proposals for further actions and next steps:

1. Regardless of the controversial discussion and the heated debate the outcome of the Lisbon meeting is a good step forward and we should build on this

2. For the two remaining open issues - incorporation and membership - we should ask for volunteers to join a working group and to make proposals until end of May / mid of June 2007.  I would  be ready to join this working group

3. The first virtual General Assmebly should be held in June (before San Juan) to discuss recommendations of the WGs and to elect the board and the two ALAC reps.

4. the formal nomination process for the EURALO board members and ALAC reps should start after Eastern. From now until April 7 we have to inform all ALSs and to do outreach to individual candidates so that individuals as agreed in Lisbon, can be nominated via a ALS for the election. This neds some time. In many countries we have now Easter vacations. The end of the nomination process should be mid May. Then wee need an election committee. Election would take place as part of the virtual General Assembly in June (before Puerto Rico) .

5. One new open question is who elects the chair of the EURALO Board. My position is that this is an important question fort the whole membership. The EURALO Chair should be elected by all members (one ALS one vote). The procedure would be that an elected member of the board (or two or three) anounces his candidature and than the 20+ recognized ALS vote.

Once again,

thanks for the cooperation.And lets move forward in the psirit of cooperaiton and trust.

Wolfgang