[EURO-Discuss] [At-Large] Preparing for Lisbon: Resolutions from At-Large to the larger community?

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Thu Mar 1 05:17:20 EST 2007

To the extent that the effort involves purely coordination, I can help
with that - chasing people for contributions etc. The development of
the draft text is, I would submit, perhaps best done in the first
instance by those in ALAC familiar with the issues in question, and
only by the staff in the case that nobody has the time to do this work
(though, perhaps, as these first drafts are just that - drafts - and
completely subject to amendment, perhaps in some ways it is less
important who is the first drafter...

I have put a first-draft of an Agenda together for the ALAC
teleconference on the ALAC Working Wiki.

On 01/03/07, Vittorio Bertola <vb at bertola.eu> wrote:
> Nick Ashton-Hart ha scritto:
> > Dear All:
> >
> > May I suggest to you that the At-Large community has a unique
> > opportunity at the upcoming Lisbon meeting to  agree a few resolutions
> > on key issues which are in the public and icann policy 'Eye' at the
> > moment. With at least two RALO MoUs being concluded, and likely the
> > European one too, the conference will have a big spotlight on the
> > community.
>
> I think that your suggestion is good.
> I also think that we desperately need leadership to this effect.
> Annette's illness is unfortunate, and we need someone to write down a
> todo list with actions and deadlines, force people to sign up for items,
> and push them until they deliver on time. And we need it now, if we want
> to make it by Lisbon.
> As all volunteer groups, this is an individual-driven effort, so I would
> suggest that any of us who feels like doing it, and especially those who
> would like to serve as Vice Chairs, takes this task upon him/her.
> (I mean - I can do it if you wish, but we really need to create new
> leadership, not rely on the old one...)
> --
> vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
> -------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------