[EURO-Discuss] the EURALO board

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Sun Jun 24 11:07:31 EDT 2007

hi all

> > About the co-chair issue, I don't have a problem with it in practice,
> > but I am a bit concerned by the idea of starting to "bend" our Bylaws,
> > because that might lead to further controversies if we start to adapt
> > them in other ways. I would be happier if we could have just one person
> > formally elected as Chair, with the other sharing the work. Maybe we
> > could rotate after the first term ends.
>
>I think Wolf and Jeanette would be very well suited to the task at hand, in
>whatever format is agreeable to all.  If co-chairing constitutes undue
>bending, then rotating the titles but working together in the meanwhile
>seems a reasonable alternative.

i support jeanette and wolf co-chairing the board - i also support
the principle or practice, of co-chairing in general - i thnk it's a
good way to build capacity and share work - it's practical and often
makes a lot of sense for situations where many are overloaded and
overcommitted - and ALAC is one of those..

if the by laws currently prevent the co-chairing as it's been
proposed, then i guess the rotational approach seems a sensible
compromise at this time

but going back to the principle/practice of co-chairing.. i'm sure we
don't want to get caught up in the process of changing bylaws now (as
otherwise i would ideally propose a motion be drafted to allow for
co-chairing) - there are many things to be done at such an early
stage for a board - but would table it for later discussion

wolf/jeanette - are you feel comfortable proceeding along the lines
outlined by vittorio/bill?

karen