[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Desiree Miloshevic dmiloshevic at afilias.info
Sun Jul 8 18:45:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

In addition to selecting three most important issues, I would like to
see Euralo take a lead on getting rid of some outdated gTLD policies,
such as the 5 day registration grace period - which IMHO does not serve
any real purpose anymore. I think we can work through ALAC to build
consensus with other constituencies on this issue before and at the next
ICANN meeting.

AFAIK, it's currently mostly being exploited by some registrars for
domain name tastings and not used by registrants. Registrants rarely
ever make typos when registering a domain name (why the policy was
adopted, and the registrars that have an issue of collecting payments -
if the credit card bounces off) have different ways of dealing with that
issue.

Regarding the meeting suggestions, Sunday, Sept 2nd, 13 - 6pm before the
IGF meeting in Geneva works for me.

What is the status of the working co-chairs?

Desiree
--
Kleinwächter wrote:

> Vittorio:  2 Work plan
> We could specifically ask all ALSes to suggest the three most important ICANN-related issues that they see, for example.

Also, some of us should participate in the ALAC working groups on
various issues, that are going to start working soon.