[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri Jul 6 12:37:27 EDT 2007

May I suggest that rather than waiting for face-to-face meetings
months down the line, an easier and quicker option would be to have a
teleconference? I'm happy to schedule one and since many policy
developments are speeding up as a consequence of the work in San
Juan, I recommend that a conference for the region to at least be
briefed on the current schedule of policy related events.

In several cases the ICANN board has specifically requested the At-
Large community's considered input - in the case of some things views
would need to be collected and submitted in only a few weeks' time.

In addition, there are several worldwide policy working groups - you
can find these all at https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?
at_large_policy_working_groups. We are asking all regions to find at
least one volunteer from each region to participate in each of these;
since EURALO hasn't elected regional officers or appointed an interim
Secretariat - nobody has even volunteered to act as a temporary
Secretariat - you are frankly falling behind the other regions who
are more organised.

None of this is meant to be critical - on the contrary, I'm hoping
that it causes at least one or two people in the EURALO, or the
board, to volunteer to join the policy development work...